Monday 26 August 2013

Getting the inside scoop on The Outsiders

We are about to start reading aloud from The Outsiders, by S.E. Hinton. Some people question why we still read such an out-dated book. Here's the reason why - because this story matters to young people. It makes no difference if you're not from Tulsa, not in a gang, not an orphan, not a boy - the loyalty, friendship, and injustice will keep you at the edge of your seat, and make you question how far YOU'D go for a friend.



I love this line from the article:

 "I realized that real people who were like me wrote books.
And if she could do that, I could do that.
And that made all the difference."

 Coming soon, to an RLA classroom near you! :)


4 comments:

  1. What do you think of the book? I think it shows us all the emotions. Like love,scared, and the list keeps going on and on. If you were Poney boy what would you do if Soc were following you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keely, you're right. This book DOES take its reader through quite an emotional roller coaster. Just wait until the movie, it's even worse! :)

      Delete
  2. I think the book is great and i really want to read it but some rla teacher is preventing us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmwaahaahaa! I strive for cruelty!

      But actually, if you really want to read ahead, I'll lend you the book... :)

      Delete