Sunday 27 September 2015

Real Readers React!

When I read news and articles online, there are times when I really want to react. I am outraged, shocked, saddened, inspired. Most of the time, I am learning something new, or forced to consider a new perspective on something I already knew a little about.  Sometimes, I connect to the story - because I have been to that place, or recognize the issue or struggle.

 In any of these situations, I feel like I need to respond, to react, to add my voice the the voices which have already filled the comments section.  Another way I react is to share the story on one of my social media, like Google +, Twitter, or FB. When I share it, I add my thoughts on the article, and copy and paste lines that really resonate with me and I explain my opinions. Often, I'll ask others if they agree or disagree, and then I reflect their responses to consider if my opinion has been altered as a result.

Today, I'm asking you to be a critical thinker, and do more than hit the "like" button. Read this article from NPR and REACT! This clever boy brought a homemade clock to school to show his teacher, and WAS ARRESTED!

After reading the article, REACT!   I’m only giving you 30 minutes to respond on your blog. Remember that bloggers often LINK the article, or add images, videos or other links. They also invite their readers to respond with their own opinion - so try that out!  (tags: rla, gr7, identity, +? your topics?) Don’t forget a title to your post - Readers React!!


No comments:

Post a Comment